Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException with Team Calendar after deactivation default event type "events"

F_ Heidemann January 7, 2020

First of all, Team Calendar is great and I love it on the Confluence Servers I use.

While managing a calendar for my team, I encountered a bug with the default event type, resulting in a NullPointException. The following steps are relevant for the problem

• I created a calendar from an imported .ics
  • For better usage, I create several custom event types and allocated the events to them
  • I deactivated the default event type "events" as I could not rename it to anything useful
  • (so far, all is fine, no problems)
  • From iOS, I created several events via CalDAV interface
  • The created events immediately disappeared after creating, on iOS as well as in Confluence
  • When reactivating the default event type "events", the events created from iOS reappeared
  • Furthermore, several instances of the "events" type were listed in the right sidepane in the calendar
  • Now, when I tried to create a new event via Confluence, an NullPointerException was thrown as seen below

I did not find any reference or similar problems via search, thus I am posting the error here for future reference. Together with the server admin, we could not solve the problem per se. Nevertheless, we solved it with the workaround as follows.

Workaround

• Export the calendar to .ics
  • Reimport the calendar from .ics

Stacktrace

0001.jpg0002.jpg0003.jpg0004.jpg

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events