Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple reminders in one notification

AGS360 Support Team January 28, 2019

Hello, 

We have set up multiple calendar reminders going in one address.  We see that when two reminders of the same 'event type', if they do not have a difference of 5 minutes between them, then the system creates one notification. This email notification will include these two reminders. For example if one reminder is at 9:00 and the other at 9:03 it will merge them in one email notification. If one is at 9:00 and the other at 9:05 then it will create two separate emails and this is as what we expect. Any idea on how to resolve this? 

2 answers

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2019

Hello there!

I was trying to replicate the behaviour described. Initially, when using the event type "Event" I received one email per event.

However, when creating events of other types such as Travel, this behaviour was present and reproducible. Further, I have found an issue pointing to a recurrence improvement for the calendar reminder job. You can check it here:

CONFSERVER-48422 -CalendarReminderJob only runs every 5 minutes delaying sending of reminders

What happens is that notifications are not really sent when they should be sent. With this improvement in mind, I created another suggestion here:

CONFSERVER-57824 - Improve Granularity of Event Reminders in Team Calendars

Let us know your thoughts on this!

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2019

Hi there,

Could you clarify - this is for Team Calendars and not Questions, correct? Your query was in the Questions for Confluence collection and I wanted to make sure which product it was about.

That said, there's a feature request for digest notifications in Confluence that would encompass your request:

I would recommend voting on it and watching in order to be informed of any updates!

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events