cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA tasks are not appearing on the calendar

Greg Obleshchuk November 3, 2019

Hi ,

JIRA tasks are not appearing in the Team calendars for Confluence

In our JIRA tasks we have created a new fields called end time which is datetime (mandatory). 

In Team calendars for Confluence I have created a calendar to show all the tasks (Event type = Jira Issue Dates .  I have set the show option to date range using the start date (existing field) and end date (new Field) . 

The JIRa's for my filter are not showing .  

If I change the option to Show single date using Issue Due Date the item appears.

Can anyone please help.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hi Greg,

Thank you for bringing this up to us. It appears there's a bug where the dates won't show unless you also check Issue Created Date under Single date.

• CONFSERVER-52468 JIRA Issue Date disappears from Team Calendar unless Issue Created Date is chosen

Could you give that a try and let me know if that works for you?

Regards,

Shannon

Greg Obleshchuk November 11, 2019

Hi ,

Thanks for the link.  There seems to be more than one bug :D.  I changed the calendar as follows using STart date and Issue Due Date.Capture.PNG

This kinda works but I had to made the due date the next day.  This is not ideal

I wanted to have a jira task with a start start on Mon and a due date on Tuesday and have it appear on the calendar over monday and tuesday. 

The calendar still doesn't look like it picked up the custom field of End Date which I added.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply! To confirm, I'm not seeing that you were able to apply the workaround in that image. The workaround is to also check Issue Created Date under Single Date

Capture.png

Can you please try that and confirm?

Regards,

Shannon

Greg Obleshchuk November 12, 2019

Hi ,

Yes, that worked around worked but so did just using the start date and Issue Due date.

What didn't work was using my custome end date field (even after rebuilding the indexes)

So from an appearance side tasks are now appearing.  But the taks duration on the calendar is not right (I think) .  If I have a due date of the 20/11/2019 I would think it shoudl be the end of the day on the 20/11/2019 but the calendar seem to be using 12:00am .

So the fix for this I think is that the start date shoudl always asume 12:00am and the the end date should alway asume 11:50pm .  

cheers

Greg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2019

Hi Greg,

I think I understand now. To clarify, the Issue Start Date is the one from Jira, but your Issue End Date is a custom date field.

Then, for example, the date range should be 19 Nov (Issue Start Date) through 20 November (custom Issue Due Date). Because Confluence reads the 20 Nov date as a due date, it's set to 12:00 am midnight instead of leaving the due date for the end of the day. Is that right?

Can you tell me what version of everything you're running? (i.e. Confluence, Team Calendar, Jira)

It seems very similar to the following bugs, but I think they're both related:

Regards,

Shannon

Greg Obleshchuk November 14, 2019

Yes, Thats is right.

Confluence version: 6.15.6

Team Calendar: 6.0.45

Jira Software 8.2.2

Jira Core 8.2.2

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2019

Greg,

Thank you for your confirmation.

I think you are then most likely affected by this bug: 

• CONFSERVER-48619 When calculating ranges from JIRA Dates, the range is incorrect if no time is specified

It's not allowing for a custom date field to be used as the end date. According to this bug, if you were to choose a time on the event using the date picker in Team Calendar, it should show properly as a workaround.

Could you please give that a try?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events