Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to populate Team Calendars with a duration based on a filter?

Angela Boston
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

We have a Request Type that has a start date and end date.  Is it possible to populate the team calendar with duration?  So it will populate the calendar item across several days.  

It is possible to create two events and look for start date and populate, then look for end date and populate.  However, would like to see the duration across days.

All help is appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Hello Angela,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

Can you tell me how you are populating your start and end dates in Jira? Are these custom fields?

The ability that Team Calendar has to display Jira dates are as follows: (from Add Jira Events)

1. Jira Issue Dates (a single date or the duration between two specified dates)
  2. Jira Software Sprint
  3. Project Releases 

When you add a Jira Issue Dates type event, you are asked if you want to use a Single Date or Date Range. If I choose Add start and end date... under Date Range, then I have the option of choosing which fields I want to use:

Screenshot 2019-10-14 at 14.56.35.png

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events