Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have the users name in custom events types displayed in the calendar?

Tobias Lubinski December 1, 2020

Hi all,

I would like to have the user name displayed for all event types in a calendar. Up to now the users name will only be displayed in the standard event types (screenshot in green and orange) but not for custom event types (screenshot blue) as you can see in the attached screenshot.

image.pngHow can I do this? 

Best result for me would be, if for every event the users name and the event type would be automatically displayed in the calendar.

Best Regards

Lubi

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Conrad January 22, 2024

Somehow there are two urls for calendar.  The simple one does not show names.  I know because PjMs have given me a url that does show names automatically in the display.

1. For us, the base calendar link which does not show names automatically is:

https://[companyname].atlassian.net/wiki/display/[teamname]/calendar/

2. But the better link that I am not sure how to find the link, has more path, more parameters and shows names:

https://[companyname].atlassian.net/wiki/display/[teamname]/calendar/[someguid]?calendarName=[calendarname]

Using the latter is preferable as it shows the user's name that submitted the event such as time off and it more useful than having to drill into each one.

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Maybe it's the version that you're on?  Or maybe you're not entering the person's name in the "Who" field for the custom event?

I see names on every kind of event, and in every view except the list view, but the user's avatar does appear there.

It looks like you're showing timeline, and I can see names for custom event types in the timeline view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events