Importing a .ics file into team calendars

Hi,

I am having some trouble importing a .ics file from outlook into Team Calendars. When uploading the .ics file I get the following error: "There is no valid time zone information in the uploaded iCalendar file".

This one is a bit specific because I am saving my calendar from outlook 2010 with the "Full Details" option marked. It works when I select to save the current days events and the weeks events but when I select to save the next 30 days the error appears.

It is essential to have the "Full Details" options because they have the event name, time, description, etc.

I also tried looking into the .ics file with notepad and I see the timezone variables so I am not sure what Team Calendar's is not seeing.

Thank you for your time!

-Aaron

====

2 answers

0 votes

Hmm I think this means you have a timezone in your ics file that isn't supported. The quick workaround/fix for this is documented here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-95

Basically you should edit the file in a text editor, change the timezone to one that is supported, and import it back again.

Thanks Sherif!

I will have to try the fix.

What does the timezone line usually look like?

I see several TZID lines but am not sure which one it is.

Thanks

Hi,

What line or how does the line look that contains the system time zone? I've tried replacing a few Timezones that I've found in the .ics but have had no luck.

Thanks,

Aaron

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

56 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you