• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to remove confluence version from email notification?

Confluence server version leaking version of the app via email.

I've edited footer template for confluence notification plugins. It works fine for all confluence itself emails. 

But email from team calendar stills have confluence version in the footer. It's a big vulnerability for our company.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

To fix this you need to unpack team calendar jar /obr. and after that you need to edit email templates inside and repack jar and reinstall on confluence.

We can replace the parameter "$generalUtil.versionNumber" with a blank space in the following 3 email templates from Team Calendar apps:

• reminder-event-notification.vm
  • reminder-single-event-notification.vm
  • event-notification.vm

path to files: /com/atlassian/confluence/extra/calendar3/templates/velocity

0 votes

Hi @Rafał Żydek 

I'm not sure if this will fix it, but have you tried customizing the email templates? (This is only available if you are using confluence server).

Kind regards
Jorden

Yes, like I mentioned above:

I've edited footer template for confluence notification plugin. It works fine for all confluence itself emails (for example request for access to the page).

Bus still if we get email from team calendar plugin, we got version in the footer:

"This message was sent by Atlassian Confluence 6.13.8"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Data Center

Introducing Data Center Community licenses

I'm Alison Huselid, Head of Product for Data Center at Atlassian. As we shared in our last post, we’ve been working on a solution for those of you who work for charitable non-profit organizations tha...

672 views 10 38
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you