Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove confluence version from email notification?

Rafał Żydek December 16, 2019

Confluence server version leaking version of the app via email.

I've edited footer template for confluence notification plugins. It works fine for all confluence itself emails. 

But email from team calendar stills have confluence version in the footer. It's a big vulnerability for our company.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rafał Żydek April 16, 2020

To fix this you need to unpack team calendar jar /obr. and after that you need to edit email templates inside and repack jar and reinstall on confluence.

We can replace the parameter "$generalUtil.versionNumber" with a blank space in the following 3 email templates from Team Calendar apps:

• reminder-event-notification.vm
  • reminder-single-event-notification.vm
  • event-notification.vm

path to files: /com/atlassian/confluence/extra/calendar3/templates/velocity

0 votes
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Rafał Żydek 

I'm not sure if this will fix it, but have you tried customizing the email templates? (This is only available if you are using confluence server).

Kind regards
Jorden

Rafał Żydek December 16, 2019

Yes, like I mentioned above:

I've edited footer template for confluence notification plugin. It works fine for all confluence itself emails (for example request for access to the page).

Bus still if we get email from team calendar plugin, we got version in the footer:

"This message was sent by Atlassian Confluence 6.13.8"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events