Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a subscription to another Team Calendar after a Team Calendar is created?

János_Tóth-Égetö February 6, 2018

When creating a team calendar, there's an option to choose 'Add existing calendar' which creates a subscription to an existing Team Calendar. However I don't find any option of adding a subscription to a Team Calendar from an already created Calendar.

Does anyone know how to do that? Is it possible at all?

2 answers

0 votes
János_Tóth-Égetö March 9, 2018

”You can subscribe to an .ics feed but this does create a new calendar. Therefore, you couldn't add an .ics feed to an existing calendar, this would require the merging of two calendars.”

This is exactly the problem I’m talking about. I want to subscribe to an .ics feed or another team calendar from an EXISTING calendar.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

János,

In that case, this is what I was explaining earlier. In order to subscribe to an .ics stream, you must create a new calendar. It's not possible to add to an existing calendar.

This is the feature request that would apply to that. I understand that you don't want to "merge" but it would still be a merge because you're including two separate calendars.

Otherwise, you're looking for an aggregated view, which is the other request I previously sent:

The descriptions may not match exactly what you are looking for but if they were to be implemented, then it would solve your problem.

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

János,

Can you help me to understand exactly what you need? Are you trying to subscribe to multiple calendars from one calendar view?

If you can just let me know your exact requirements I can let you know what the best solution is for that.

Regards,

Shannon

János_Tóth-Égetö March 6, 2018

No, I'm just trying to subscribe to one calendar, but after the calendar was created. The only option I find is to subscribe to another calendar at time of creation of the new calendar, not after it's created already.

Subscribing to multiple calendar would be another use case that could be unlocked if it was possible to subscribe to other calendars after a calendar was created.

-János

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2018

Hi János,

It's not possible to subscribe to other calendars within one calendar in Team Calendar.

If you're trying to create a single team calendar, for example, and want to merge users in the team to one calendar, you would be interested in this feature:

We also have a feature request to merge calendars:

If a user wants to subscribe to a calendar right now, it doesn't add it to their existing calendar, but rather creates a shortcut link on the side of their calendar view to those calendars.

Finally, if the "other calendar" is NOT a Team Calendar, you can subscribe to Team Calendars from external calendars using the .ics URL available for the Team Calendar.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,
Shannon

János_Tóth-Égetö March 8, 2018

Can you consider this as a feature request then? It's a common and basic feature for all calendar implementations.

The use case I have right now for example is that I want to subscribe to a calendar showing all holidays for the country I'm in. I have this calendar in .ics format, as well as a Team Calendar, as I've created a calendar that subscribe to this .ics calendar.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2018

Hi János,

I think you would be looking for this feature request, then?

It mentions uploading your own .ics file to Team Calendar and having that information replace the existing calendar. In the meantime, you will just need to add it as a separate calendar that you can switch your view to away from your main calendar.

Let us know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

János_Tóth-Égetö March 8, 2018

No, I'm talking about subscribing, either to an .ics feed or to an existing calendar. It's not a one-time merge, if the other calendar is updated I want that reflected in my calendar.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2018

Hi János,

You can subscribe to an .ics feed but this does create a new calendar. Therefore, you couldn't add an .ics feed to an existing calendar, this would require the merging of two calendars.

If you subscribe to the .ics feed according to the above-linked article, then it should be automatically updated in Team Calendar.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events