Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting custom events and ical

Byron Peters November 18, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Custom Event Types

How do you export custom events to ical?

2 answers

1 vote
Byron Peters November 20, 2015

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response.

Did that – doesn’t work. Exported to Thunderbird/Lightening and Outlook and the event type did not show up. It seems like the custom event type does not get exported into the ical file. Since it is just a text file, the observation is easy to verify. I could just repurpose a different field, but the custom event type is exactly what I need if it can be made to work...

byron

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015
Andrey K August 19, 2016

William,

Unfortunately, this piece of documentation does not cover the problem. Use Case: I have a Calendar with some custom event types, for example, "Competition". I need to move the Calendar from one confluence instance to another. The only way to do that is to export-import via ics file. This works, but, the custom event types are lost. On the new confluence where I import the Calendar from ics file all the events of type 'Competition' will be set to default event type instead. I checked the ics file and from what I see the custom event type is lost on the export operation. The event type is set to 'custom' instead of 'Competition', like this: X-CONFLUENCE-SUBCALENDAR-TYPE:custom

So is there any way to do export-import operation with the Calendar containing custom event type from "source" Confluence to "target" Confluence so that the custom event types are also imported-exported?

Thanks,

Andrey

Damien Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

i know this is way too late but i just came across this community post so i thought would be a good idea to share this here so that it may be able to help anyone that came across this in the future

the Custom Events currently are not being imported properly and all of them will be converted into the Events type when you import an ICS into Team Calendar. There issue is being tracked here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-49097

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events