Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entries for recurring events are multiplied with each synchronization

WEAVE PSO November 8, 2018

We synchronized our Outlook Calendar with Confluence using Team Calendars and we are using the Team Calendars macro to share the calendar via a Confluence webpage but our calendar becomes saturated because every time Outlook synchronizes with Confluence, for every recurring event, a new entry is created in the calendar. The entries for recurring events are multiplied with each synchronization. How can we solve this problem?team_calendar_sync_outlook_problem_example.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2018

Hi,

That's a gnarly issue. Are you using an .ics to view the data in Outlook or the new CalDav? 

I can't see any bugs that might be related to this, so to fix this we might need to dig into the database to remove the extra entries.

As a start, please make sure you're running the latest version of Team Cal first.

Regards,
James

WEAVE PSO November 16, 2018

Hi James,

thank you for your reply.

We are using the new CalDav implementation and tend not to work with ICS files unless it's absolutely essential.

We are running version 6.0.20.

Regards!

James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2018

Hello,

I've been going through other support tickets and recent Team Calendar bugs (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-56020?jql=project%20%3D%20CONFSERVER%20and%20component%20%3D%20%22Add-ons%20-%20Team%20Calendar%22%20and%20text%20~%20%22outlook%20caldav%22) and I can't see anything similar.

We don't have many people on Outlook here so if possible, can you open a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/ so we can get really dig into this?

Regards,
James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events