Display a single JIRA issue with a custom date field

I am trying to display a single JIRA issue on a maintenance calendar based on a custom date field called "Scheduled Date and Time"

I can see this field at the Project display level, but when I set a JQL to display only one issue (the only way I can ID how to add a single issue to the calendar) the custom field vanishesfrom the Single Date selection.

Aside from setting an event and just pasting a URL to the issue, is there a way to simply add one JIRA issue to a calendar?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Ah, yes, I think you've run into a long-standing "feature" in Jira, whereby a field is only shown in search results if it is valid for ALL the issues that MIGHT be returned by a search.

Have a look at your "scheduled date and time field" in the list of custom fields. I bet it will say "Context: Project:infrastructure and tools". This means a query that does not explicitly say "search project infrastructure and tools", *might* get issues from project "fred" (yes, even if you say "and issue = xxx") which will not have the field, so the result kills off ALL the results.

Frankly, it's a bit of a pain, counterintuitive, and something I've repeatedly asked Atlassian to fix (the search should show the field at all times, but with n/a or something to sho w it's not valid. Not just drop the whole lot silently)

This widget could not be displayed.

As it turns out, I get the custom field to show up if I specify the project name in the query.

For example:

"project = "Infrastructure and Tools" AND issue = AUTHINF-12267"

shows "Scheduled Date and Time"

"issue = AUTHINF-12267"

does not.

Certainly strange behavior in my opinion.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Data Center

Hi! I'm Cameron Deatsch, enterprise enthusiast and Head of Server at Atlassian. AMA!

Hey team! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian. At our European Summit just a few weeks ago, I spoke about the latest regarding our Server and Data center products and o...

9,760 views 2 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you