It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot UNsubscribe from a calendar

Mike Rathwell Community Leader May 25, 2018

I have a user that is definitively NOT watching anything (at all) in Confluence but is being mailbombed by one particular busy calendar. When I query the database behind Confluence, I can see that he is subscribed to the calendar he is getting notifications from. 

Is there ANYway to UNsubscribe him? I am perfectly ok with rooting around in the database if it has to be done manually and do have a test instance to try it out in.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Mike,

When you head to the Calendars sub-menu in the navigation bar, does the user have the ability to Stop Watching the calendar as illustrated below?

If he only has the ability Watch, could he try watching it and then selecting unwatch it?

I'm not sure myself how this would be done in the database, but this is what I would recommend trying first.

Regards,

Shannon

Mike Rathwell Community Leader May 29, 2018

Hi there... Thanks for looking at that for me. I went down to the user and he DID have a "Stop Watching" through that. HOWEVER, when I query the DB directly, I can still see that he has a subscription. Will let you know if that did actually stop him getting notifications from that calendar.

Thanks for confirming that, Mike.

Keep me updated if it works, and if not we'll try to find out the safe way to update the database.

Shannon

Mike Rathwell Community Leader May 30, 2018

Well, the user hasn't seen anything since we made that little change. I'll have him watch it for a couple of days and if it remains shut up, I'll mark this as accepted. So far so good (at least it seems so for the nonce)

Thanks for the tip; it's not "obvious" where to find tha

Mike Rathwell Community Leader May 30, 2018

Well, the user hasn't seen anything since we made that little change. I'll have him watch it for a couple of days and if it remains shut up, I'll mark this as accepted. So far so good (at least it seems so for the nonce)

Thanks for the tip; it's not "obvious" where to find that.

No worries, Mike! Thank you for confirming that so far everything is good.

I'll await your reply when we know for sure if it worked.

Shannon

Mike Rathwell Community Leader Jun 06, 2018

@Shannon Spaniol, that was exactly the fix. I just validated that there hasn't been a single notification message since we made that change you recommended.

Mike,

Thanks for confirming that! Glad it worked out. :)

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Halp

Halp - Conversational Ticketing Help Desk for internal requests

From the Halp Team Howdy!  👋   We’re Halp, a conversational ticketing help desk for all of your internal requests in Slack (and soon to be MS Teams!). We’re excited to be a par...

103 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you