CalDAV has arrived in Team Calendars Cloud

CalDAV has arrived in Team Calendars Cloud! Two-way syncing with CalDAV is now live for Apple Calendar and Thunderbird, with Outlook, Google Calendars, and more coming soon.

image-20210617-000303.png

What is CalDAV?

CalDAV, is the Internet standard allowing a client (like Apple Calendar) to access scheduling information on a remote server (Confluence’s Team Calendars in our case). CalDAV enables the management of events from a remote location. It extends WebDAV (HTTP-based protocol for data manipulation) specification and uses iCalendar format for the data.

In simple words, CalDAV makes it so you don’t have to login to Confluence to create or view events in Team Calendars - just use your favorite calendar app (that supports CaDAV) to create events in Team Calendars, and vice versa!

Why CalDAV?

We know that most customers use Team Calendars in conjunction with other calendar tools. CalDAV support allows for two-way syncing, so that you can now view and edit events in other calendar clients, and they’ll automatically update in Team Calendars as well. CalDAV is an existing feature offered in Confluence Server, and we thought it was high time we bring this functionality to the cloud to simplify scheduling for all of our customers.

How to subscribe?

If you’re already using Team Calendars on Confluence Cloud Premium, follow the instructions outlined here for Apple Calendars and here for Thunderbird. More calendar clients (like Google Calendars and Outlook) coming soon!

If you’re not already using Team Calendars but want to try it out, get started free on Confluence Cloud Premium here.

Thanks for your patience, we’ve been working on this functionality for a while and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

4 comments

Aaron Shapiro July 15, 2021

Are there really more Confluence users that use Apple Calendar as opposed to Outlook? I'm a Mac guy but I still wind up using Outlook since we use Office365 and Office apps. I don't understand why Apple Calendar was prioritized over Outlook or Gmail even. 

Like # people like this
Isaac Trumbo March 3, 2022

I'm not seeing an option to add CalDAV in Confluence Cloud, only iCal. Am I missing something?

Fergus Stevens April 3, 2022
Like G subramanyam likes this
Nikki DuBois July 21, 2022

What is the security risk around using CalDEV?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events