I am looking for a calendar tool/macro/plugin that I can install in Confluence. Basically, I need it to:
1. View month to month including past months
2. A blog news/page be linked to a date on the calendar. Preferrably, it will show a pop-up instead of linking to the actual page.
3. Each link is color-coded for each user-group/project
I looked at the Team Calendar but it looks like I can do most of what I need to do with the exception of it linking to content or content be displayed when you mouseover/click on it. I like the drag and drop feature and the color-coding it offered by usergroup/project. But can I put more details in the pop-up other than the person's name and the task? Can it link to a page within the space if I need it to do that? The demo didn't show such so I just want to ask the experts here who has used it or know about it to confirm before I go out and buy the plugin.
All input will be much appreaciated. Thank you.
Team Calendars is a great product, but it's still growing. It does 1-3 but not 4 of your requirements.
Search integration is soreley needed, but not yet available.
2. Easy, each event has a field to include a related page or blog url.
3. Each calendar is colour coded, so where you present an aggregate view of several calendars they are differentiated by colour. For some reason the latest release dropped the colour and calendar name from the pop up which is a step backwards I think but not a deal breaker.
The pop up shows event name, location, url if added and Description text - se between those you can fit a fair bit of info into the pop up.
4. Not available. You'd only be able to search across pages and blog related to your events.
We're planning to build some SSRS reports off the confluence database to produce historical data for our business units, not going to be easy but will be useful.
Hoep that helps!
I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs