Summit Certification Prepper

Deleted user March 27, 2019
For those of you Summiters taking a certification prep workshop at Summit. What did you learn from your workshop that you did not know before?

Share your knowledge!

6 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2019

Confluence will be my third certification and the prep course feels very different. Thankfully the prep course has updated in time for be to benefit from the improvements before I sit my exam in Las Vegas before Summit.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2019

Confluence will be my 3rd too.  But will take it *after* Summit!

Deleted user April 16, 2019

Hope you passed @Kat Warner 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2019

Thanks for asking @[deleted] but I only got 55% of the necessary 65%.

I am excited to see Atlassian have a new training course available for Confluence Administrators.

Once I have gone through that course I'm sure the final bits and pieces will fall into place.

Like Deleted user likes this

Well done Kat, keep up the hard work and I'm sure it will pay off :) 

0 votes
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2019

I have learned that I am using Atlassian everyday of my life... (Jira & Confluence weekdays, Trello on the weekend) and I am STILL not certified for anything. So.... need to start doing some proper prep by actually booking in a certification session :)

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
April 20, 2019

I'm excited to learn that Certified Master is something coming soon for those with 4 or more certifications. Yes - some of us are, or want to be, that certifiable (pun intended) :P

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

I took the Jira Project Admin Certification prep course, and I wasn't aware that project categories and the ability to search for a group of projects via the categories in JQL was a thing you could do.

It is great when you find these little things that you never knew before. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2019

I learned that I better forget all the aps that I have been using to accomplish configuration, workflow, time tracking, etc. in JIRA when you go to take an exam.  Everything needs to be vanilla.  It has been fun to review the product as delivered and remember how great it is out of the box.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2019

I also learned exams were harder than I expected.  Even though I passed I wish I would have studied.  Will be studying more for my next exam.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2019

Congratulation Brant. A PASS is a PASS! ;)

Well done Brant 

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2019

Hi Danny,

did you ever watch a Cert prep course recording so far? Maybe one of the older ones and not Jira Project Administration? Just because the style of the prep course for Project Administration is different from the ACPs. Or don't you know anything about the prep courses yet?

As one of the people involved in delivering those courses, I'd like to share my knowledge but maybe I just wait a moment until some attendees shared theirs. Just because I'm on the "dark side" here... :D 

Deleted user March 27, 2019

Hey @Max Foerster - K15t

I have seen a few ACPs. Been in beta tests for ACPs as well. 

It is a rare opportunity to gain the insight of a trainer so please share your knowledge for others to learn from. 

The Sunny Vegas Dark Side! 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2019

Okay! So welcome to the (Sunny Vegas) Dark Side! ;) You're maybe already aware that you have access to the exam topics for each certification. The prep course goes beyond that and will give more information about the exam itself and prepare you (if you never experienced taking an ACP exam yet) for the style of the questions, some basic tips about how to best approach a question and will go through all exam topics. That means going into more detail what areas are covered in that objective, common pitfalls, what is expected of the test taker etc. In summary, the course offers guidance in preparing for the exams. On top of that, you will have a look at a few more sample questions and in most cases, you will get some case studies to prepare for the exam dealing with real-life scenarios. That are prep course recordings summarized. :) Of course, not all of that can be covered in just 3,5 hours in a live training but if I recall correctly, you will also get access to the recording and materials to further prepare afterward.

Thanks Max

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events