Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira mentions not working in Stride

Ben
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

In HipChat, you could mention a Jira issue, and a nice summary card would come up with info about it.

In Stride, with the Jira app, I can't get that to work.  I've configured notifications for a subset of issue types.  But mentioning a jira issue by ID does nothing.

Is this supposed to work? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2018

Hi Ben, 

It is supposed to work :)

However, we recently just found an issue affecting Jira issue mentions and we are working hard to deliver a fix for it soon. 

Thank you!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2018

Here's the ticket to track: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-2108

winterhalder April 10, 2018

Tanguy - I notice your comment on that ticket.

You understand that the feature we want is that I can just mention a jira in a text comment, and it will fetch the status without me posting an entire URL, right?

winterhalder April 10, 2018

Apologies - just confirmed that this *is* working now - wasn't working for us a week or so ago. I guess the latest release fixed it?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2018

Awesome :-) thanks for the update - we've added this relatively recently indeed. 

winterhalder April 12, 2018

Note - it is very cool that mentions are now working. We *did* find a defect though... as you can see below, when one of my testers mentioned a defect, the system found two defects that match...  (obviously it should not have matched against BCLD-313, which is a subset of the true reference, BCLD-3134)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xbolqs92uca5o1/2018-04-12_13-38-23%20Stride%20jira%20mention.png?dl=0

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2018

OK, this particular one sounds like a bit of a corner case: on your screenshot, you'll see that someone pasted a link (the text shows up in blue), and then added one more character before sending the message. Basically the message contains a link to BLCD-313, and a text reference to BLCD-3134. I don't think we'll be able to catch that :-)

winterhalder April 16, 2018

Ah - good eyes. I didn't realize that is what they had done...

dave
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2018

@winterhalder - I'm using Stride desktop 1.18.64 and this is not working for me (and I'm the site admin). I can type "dev-99" in a Jira issue comment and it links nicely. Though not if I type "dev-99.".

In any case, entering the same in a Stride comment doesn't create a link to the Jira cloud issue.

calvin May 23, 2018

@Tanguy Crusson This is not working for me either.  I am running latest Stride desktop on MacOS.  How do I mention jira ticket in a message?

calvin May 23, 2018

Do I need to copy the entire URL to the ticket?

winterhalder May 24, 2018

Hi folks - Atlassian did fix this (and it certainly works for me).

You need to add/configure the Jira plug-in for the channel though (of course).

And you just need to type the jira reference as you are above - no need to copy the full URL...

Paul.

dave
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2018

And it also seems to be case sensitive.

"dev-123" doesn't work, whereas "DEV-123" does.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events