It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira mentions not working in Stride

In HipChat, you could mention a Jira issue, and a nice summary card would come up with info about it.

In Stride, with the Jira app, I can't get that to work.  I've configured notifications for a subset of issue types.  But mentioning a jira issue by ID does nothing.

Is this supposed to work? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Ben, 

It is supposed to work :)

However, we recently just found an issue affecting Jira issue mentions and we are working hard to deliver a fix for it soon. 

Thank you!

Tanguy - I notice your comment on that ticket.

You understand that the feature we want is that I can just mention a jira in a text comment, and it will fetch the status without me posting an entire URL, right?

Apologies - just confirmed that this *is* working now - wasn't working for us a week or so ago. I guess the latest release fixed it?

Awesome :-) thanks for the update - we've added this relatively recently indeed. 

Note - it is very cool that mentions are now working. We *did* find a defect though... as you can see below, when one of my testers mentioned a defect, the system found two defects that match...  (obviously it should not have matched against BCLD-313, which is a subset of the true reference, BCLD-3134)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xbolqs92uca5o1/2018-04-12_13-38-23%20Stride%20jira%20mention.png?dl=0

OK, this particular one sounds like a bit of a corner case: on your screenshot, you'll see that someone pasted a link (the text shows up in blue), and then added one more character before sending the message. Basically the message contains a link to BLCD-313, and a text reference to BLCD-3134. I don't think we'll be able to catch that :-)

Ah - good eyes. I didn't realize that is what they had done...

@Paul Winterhalder x302 - I'm using Stride desktop 1.18.64 and this is not working for me (and I'm the site admin). I can type "dev-99" in a Jira issue comment and it links nicely. Though not if I type "dev-99.".

In any case, entering the same in a Stride comment doesn't create a link to the Jira cloud issue.

@Tanguy Crusson This is not working for me either.  I am running latest Stride desktop on MacOS.  How do I mention jira ticket in a message?

Do I need to copy the entire URL to the ticket?

Hi folks - Atlassian did fix this (and it certainly works for me).

You need to add/configure the Jira plug-in for the channel though (of course).

And you just need to type the jira reference as you are above - no need to copy the full URL...

Paul.

And it also seems to be case sensitive.

"dev-123" doesn't work, whereas "DEV-123" does.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,411,546 views 25 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you