how do we remove days with no incident from the past incidents

Aditya Bansal September 21, 2022

Hi All,

I wanted to check with the community if there is a way we could remove the days where we had no Incidents from the past Incident page on the status page ? 

I tried using the code  .no-incidents{display:none;}  however it still shows up some of the days where we had no incidents reported.

1 answer

1 vote
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us with this issue! While not an officially supported functionality, the code you mentioned:

.no-incidents {
display:none;
}

does seem to work and do the trick for hiding all days with no incidents on our end, after some testing. Could you provide an example of a page, or some screenshots, where this attribute was applied in the Custom CSS but did not work so that I may take a look?

Regards,

Alan

Aditya Bansal September 23, 2022

Hi Alan,

Thank you for coming back to me , with the code mentioned somehow i am able to get the weekends removed from the list of the past incidents where there were no Incidents reported however issue is with the weekdays . Please send the screenshot of the code and my currents status page in the attachment . your help on this will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Aditya Bansal

Code.PNGstatus page.PNG

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2022

Hey Aditya, thanks for the reply and the info! That is indeed some weird behavior, one thing I would like to confirm, in the screenshot you sent me, the mentioned snippet of code is commented out(the /* before it) therefore it would not be executed. If you remove that, does the page still not properly display only days with incidents in the past incidents part?

Let me know, please so we can further investigate if needed.

Regards,

Alan

Aditya Bansal September 23, 2022

Hi Alan,

I changed it however there is no change in the output. please find teh new code picture attached.

New Code.PNG

Kind Regards,

Aditya Bansal

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
September 23, 2022

Aditya, testing on my end it seems to consistently work, so I'm thinking some of the other custom CSS you have applied to your page might be affecting this. Could you try removing the rest of the CSS code, and only using the below snippet, and see if that works? If you want to provide a link to your page, I could take a better look as well.

.no-incidents {
display:none;
}

Regards,

Alan

Aditya Bansal September 26, 2022

Hi Alan,

I tried removing it and just entering the no Incident bit however with that approach , it does not seems to be working. Could you please help if there is any other code that might help with it.

Kind Regards,

Aditya Bansal

Aditya Bansal October 10, 2022

HI Alan,

My Issue is still not resolved, could you please help me fix the issue inorder to avoid seeing any vacant dates where there is no Incident reported .Could you please help giving it a final try ?

Kind Regards,

Aditya Bansal

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2022

Hey there, apologies for the delayed response. Aditya, while we don't fully provide support for custom code in Statuspage, the snippet of code I mentioned does seem to work in all my testing, as well for other customers that have applied it. In order to further understand the reason that it is not working on your page, it would be ideal if you could provide some more information on the page(page type, URL, does other CSS code you have applied work normally?

Regards,

Alan

Freddy Brea October 24, 2022

I tried and implemented the code, it seems to work on the side display, it updated and shows only dates where incidents happened. however the live page itself does not update.  Note: I do not see anywhere on the page where to "save" after I input the code,

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
October 24, 2022

Hey Freddy, after editing the CSS code in the page settings, you need to click the Publish changes button in the top right corner(See attachment below). Keep in mind this will only work for pages with a custom domain configured! Some more info in the below documentation as well.

PUBLISH BTN.png

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/use-custom-css-on-a-status-page/

Tien November 3, 2022

Hi Aditya, 
I added the code and found a few days still show up on the past incident section, albeit blank.

Then found the correlation - I had incidents in open status, the posted date matches the past incident dates showing.

Hope that helps,

Tien

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events