Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who are subscribers in statuspage?

Nikita K. October 28, 2020

Hi! Please tell me who is it. And also if we implement a status page widget to intercom will users counted as subscribers?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Parrish _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2020

Hey @Nikita K. , it's Dave from the Statuspage product team. I will add a little bit to Carmen's helpful response. :)

A subscriber is a person who has explicitly requested to be notified (by email, SMS, Slack or webhook) when your status page reports an incident or maintenance. Users who simply visit your status page, or view your status via the embedded status widget, are not counted as subscribers. They need to explicitly click the "subscribe" button on your status page.

So think of the two flows as:

1. User visits your status page directly >> user clicks to subscribe >> now they are a subscriber
  2. User sees an incident notification in your status widget >> user clicks through the notification to your status page >> users clicks to subscribe >> now they are a subscriber

Hope this helps to clarify!

Nikita K. October 29, 2020

Hi Dave! Yeah that's exactly what I asked for! Brilliant^^ will use your product!

Sebastien Fid February 24, 2022

Hi @Dave Parrish _Atlassian_

Thank you for your response.

I have another question : how can an user subscribe to a component (and not an incident) in order to receive a notification when an incident or event linked to this individual component is occured ? 

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Sebastien.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

A count for one subscribtion each happen when:

• en email subscribs to your page
  • a phone number subscribs to your page

So one email and one phone number make 2 subscriptions

Hi Thanks for your answer. But it's still not clear for me what if we have like 100k users on Intercom and add statuspage to the widget, how users can subscribe in this case?

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

Sorry I am not familiar with the app Intercom (I did not realise that it was an application)

Like Nikita K. likes this

No problem! Appreciate your help!

Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

Hi @Nikita K. 

I am not 100% sure it answers your question but I will give it a try...

Generally, the number of Intercom users is completely independent of your subscriptions on Statuspage. The numbers are not linked in any way. Statuspage is a product from Atlassian while Intercom is a separate company and product.

You do not have to build your own Statuspage widget for Intercom. Instead, you can add the status page widget to your Intercom messenger for free. It does not matter how many Intercom users you have - it will always be free. The widget will essentially just render an iframe with your status page content where anyone with access to your Intercom messenger can subscribe to your status page.

I hope this makes sense.

Like Nikita K. likes this
Nikita K. October 29, 2020

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events