Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tel: link does not work in About Us Section

Keith Richard September 17, 2020

We have a private StatusPage for employees only. We would like to embed a telephone link to our OpsGenie number. However when entering in <a href="tel:555-555-5555">555-555-5555</a>. The tel: part is removed and we are left with <a>555-555-5555</a>. This completely removes the hyperlink and adds time for our employees to contact support as they need to copy and paste the number or type manually instead of 1-click dialing.

Anyone find a workaround? 

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2020

@Keith Richard Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I'm not sure about this but by your description for anchor tag, I think you missed one quote, can you try editing it and test again if this works.

Convert this - <a href="tel:555-555-5555>555-555-5555</a>
to - <a href="tel:555-555-5555">555-555-5555</a>

Some browsers tends to remove tag property when ending quote is missing.

I hope this helps.

Keith Richard September 18, 2020

Hi @DPKJ, thank you for your response. I see that I missed the ending quote in my question above and I have corrected it. I have it with all quotes on our Statuspage and the issue still remains.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

Strange! 

I think hyper reference with 'tel' is not allowed then. Please take a look at this page if this make some sense - https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/add-html-tags-in-incident-messages/

Like Keith Richard likes this
Keith Richard September 18, 2020

Thank you for that page. It does show <a href=""> tags, but it strips out the value when there is a "tel:" reference.

The list above might just be for when designing email messages with Statuspage as I have other tags not mentioned in the article such as <span style="color:#2fcc66;">Words</span> working.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

Let me dig some more details, also try this out. I will also check with other folks for this behaviour.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events