Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Request initiated from Service Desk not showing up

Ike Perez July 6, 2023

Greetings all,

I am using Status Page for Jira Service Management.  We can create incidents from the application with no problem.  If we create an incident from Jira, it does create it but it does not allow us to view it from the app, it doesn't show up in the app nor does it embed in our portal.  It is active because we get email notifications alerting us of the time lapse.  We can make updates and close the incident from Jira but can never see it.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2023

Hello Ike,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community! When you say you are unable to view an incident from the app, which app are you referring to? JSM or Statsupage?

The JSM/Statsupage integration lets users see if there are incidents in your JSM portal as it is defined in this help document: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-a-jira-service-management-integration/

We also have a Jira Software integration that allows you to create and post incidents from Jira software but this also doesn't show the incident within Jira: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-the-jira-software-integration/

If you are trying to view the incident, it would show up within Statsupage itself or within your JSM help center if you have an active incident. I would love to understand which tools you were using and where you were trying to see your Statsupage incidents. Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Jesse

Ike Perez July 10, 2023

That last paragraph is not happening.  Once created from within JSM, I get message incident successfully created but am not able to view from anywhere.  If I click on the link provided within JSM it takes be to Statuspage incident page with error (access denied).

After a day I do get notifications of the incident being opened for a long time.  I can close the incident from within JSM and that gets rid of it.

NOTE:  The two configuration links you provided were already done

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2023

Hello Ike,

Thanks for clarifying! The access denied error could mean that it's a private page that you don't have access to. It could mean that it is a trial. In order to better assist you with your specifics, I would recommend opening a support ticket with us so we can see why it would be throwing this error. You can submit one at support.atlassian.com. Thanks again for your time!

Regards,
Jesse

Ike Perez July 10, 2023

It is a private page and I am the one that created it.  I will open a ticket.  Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events