Been using trial verison of status page and had some questions regarding private pages for internal users
1) Is there a way to create a Jira Incident Ticket directly when the communication is sent to the users. So basically issue detected--> user goes to statuspage--> Send comms--> At this time when notification is sent a Jira Ticket is automatically created and is diaplayed in the notification email.
2) Is it possible to customise the page to include severity levels upfront.
So when we are sending the comms out, we select if its severity 1,2 or 3 and as such it is dsiplayed for internal users
3) Is its possible to have distribution groups defined as some incidents need to go to dedicated teams and others dont. So have a group like below rather than sending to all subscribers. Have ability to use To,CC and BCC fields.
4) When the notification email is received, along with incident details user is able to see what severity it is (sev 1,2,3) along with Jira Ticket Number and slack or teams channel details.Ideally able to automaticlaly create a Teams Channel against that Incident.
5) Ability to to only send notification to the engineer first or preview it first
6) Abiity to send a notification to Pager duty or ops genies the moment incident notificaiton is sent out.
1. The Jira Software app is only available for Statuspage organizations using an Atlassian account. This integration is for Jira Software Cloud, and won’t work for Jira Software Server. If you meet these requirements, check out this page for more details on how to set it up: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-the-jira-software-integration/
The integration allows users to update Statuspage from Jira issue view directly, and link SP incidents to existing Jira tickets.
There's also a SP - JSD integration, that will show a message on your JSD portal that there are ongoing SP incidents. This can reduce the volume of incoming tickets, by informing the Customers in front that the issue has been identified and worked on.
You can read more about this here: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-a-jira-service-desk-integration/
2. n/a Statuspage has their own incident severity levels
3. If you want to have different teams subscribed for different component groups, you should consider Audience Specific page, as they allow just that.
4. Statuspage Components can be in one of the following states: Operational, Degraded Performance, Partial outage, Major outage and Under maintenance. You can post incidents in the pre-defined Slack channel, using webhooks. You can select for which components you wish to notify Slack for. This integration does not imply Jira ticket details.
5. This point needs further clarification. Statuspage will notify everyone who subscribed for a specific component.
6. The integration works the other way around - Opsgenie or PagerDuty will trigger a webhook in Statuspage when an incident is created, acknowledger or resolved.
You can use Incident templates in Statuspage to create new Incidents in SP, based on the OG or PD incident creation.
Check out following guides:
Atlassian community, Today is a major day not only for Statuspage, but also for the Atlassian community. Statuspage continues to be the industry leader for incident communication by constantly look...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events