Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List & Create Jira tickets on status page?

Kevin Ulland May 18, 2023

With the Jira integration, can we do something similar to a Confluence page that allows us to embed a list of Jira tickets with a query of which tickets to show?

It would be helpful to be able to say not only "Status = Yellow" but "Here are the three things that have been reported and are already being worked on, no need to create a fourth Jira ticket"

Also, can we add a Create Jira Ticket button on the status page so if someone needs to report an issue, they can just create the ticket right there? And ideally we'd pass along the default info for the ticket (i.e. we want them to get the label ops-ticket).

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2023

Hey Kevin, thanks for reaching out to us with these questions. Currently, the Statuspage/JSM integration is limited to displaying a banner on your customer portal when there are active incidents/maintenances, or degraded components.

We do, however, have an open Feature Request that is being reviewed by our engineering team regarding the implementation of bi-directional incident syncing between Statuspage/Jira, which I believe would accomplish your mentioned use case.

We also have a Feature request for customizing the banner and incident messaging to be able to provide more context in your customer portal.

I have added this post to both requests, and as Statuspage feature requests are currently for internal access only, If you ever need to reference the requests to ask about their progress, the IDs are STATUS-443 and STATUS-180.

In the below link you can read about our feature implementation policy if you like: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

In the meanwhile, you might be able to implement something for the "Create Jira ticket" button using custom CSS/HTML/JS Code on your page:

Use custom CSS on a status page 

Use custom HTML on a status page 

Let me know if you have any questions, or anything else we can try to assist with!

Regards,
 Alan Violada 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events