Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to whitelist mail subscriptions per domain?

Daniel Brix
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2024

Hello there, we have the following situation:

We want to limit the mail subscriptions to company mail addresses only, but leave the status page publicly accessible for everyone.

Is this even possible? I've only found some documentations about limiting the whole page access to certain user groups.

best Daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2024

Hello Daniel,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community and thanks for the question about limiting email subscriptions.

There is no native way to do this within Statuspage on public pages. Since these pages are publically available, we don't have any mechanisms to lock the subscriptions in place. One recommendation is to have a public page for all subscribers and then make a separate, private page for your employees that only they can see. You can be more detailed with incidents there as well for transparency within the company.

It might also be possible to use custom Javascript to check emails before allowing them to subscribe but I wouldn't have any specifics on how to do this but it could be an option to explore. Please also note, this would likely not work with SMS subscriptions unless you had a list of all the employee numbers.

Hopefully, that helps get you pointed in the right direction. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Daniel Brix
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

Thanks Jesse, that clears things up for me and might be an option for us.

Like Jesse Klein likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events