Is it possible to edit the scheduled maintenance reminder email?

Shin September 6, 2022

When scheduling a maintenance and ticking off the "Remind subscribers an hour before maintenance starts" option, is it possible to have the reminder email contain the description text / bread text of the given maintenance as well?

Currently, a reminder email will contain the headline of the maintenance, a secondary headline titled Maintenance update and a small text saying "Maintenance will begin as scheduled in 60 minutes.

This is all fine, but is it possible to include the maintenance description text as well in this message?

So the reminder email then will contain the headline, the secondary headline saying it's a maintenance update, maintenance will begin in 60 minutes message AND the original maintenance description text.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2022

Hello Shin,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the question around the scheduled maintenance. I just tested this in my instance to go through your steps and it looks like this is not configurable. I also did some digging in our backlog and it looks like there is an open feature request for this. I have added this community post to the feature request ticket we have internally.

Thanks for letting us know you're interested in this feature. It's still in a state of gathering interest so me adding to the ticket helps show that there is interest in it. For now, if you're interested in adding other text, you could manually add an update an hour before with more information instead of the automated message.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Regards,
Jesse

Shin September 7, 2022

Hi Jesse

Thanks for looking into the question. 

Here's to hoping said feature request will make some traction soon, as it would greatly increase the value of the reminder automation. 

Have a great day.

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2022

Thanks Shin,

I agree! Each request we get for this adds to that traction. Thanks for bringing it up. :)

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events