Is Status Page providing Scheduled Maintenance and Release Notes capability in the pipeline?

Prath Santhiran September 5, 2018

I would like to be able to publish Scheduled maintenance and Release notes. I don't see this feature in Status Page. I can see only incidents and outages. Is it something that will come soon?

2 answers

3 votes
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

I am actually going through the process of renaming the text link across our pages to say "Incident & Maintenance History" as the incident history does also contain maintenance and is confusing to our customers. This can be achieved by adding HTML to the footer. 

We've had this request about release notes from teams at Symantec, but I simply push back and advise that Statuspage is here to notify our customers of incidents with our product(s) and if scheduled maintenance requires release notes, then we should publish those on the product support pates and not Statuspage.

Would be keen to see if any other customers feel that Statuspage scheduled maintenance would be a good method to also include release notes? 

Thanks,
Nick

Prath Santhiran September 17, 2018

Hi Nick, 

thanks for the reply. I did the same with one of the tabs, but failed to rename another tab cleanly. I'm not a WebDev. I agree that Statuspage is purely incident visibility related. But even a maintenance is classified as an incident as it is shown under the tab headed as such. We are a relatively small shop as are our customers, we'd like to hold all this type of customer comms in one area.  In as far as notes go, we'd only want to publish a brief summary and then provide a link, which is currently possible, Our own website can be developed to handle a lot of this, not sure if we will go down that path in the near future though. 

For me it's simply about headings and tabs. 

kind regards

Prath

Like # people like this
3 votes
M@ICE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

Hi Prath,

Statuspage supports Scheduled Maintenances however Release Notes are currently not supported.

You can find more information about the Scheduled Maintenance feature here: https://help.statuspage.io/knowledge_base/topics/scheduled-maintenance 

Prath Santhiran September 10, 2018

Thanks Matthijs. I notice that we still call the maintenance an incident, as it will appear in the past incidents tab.

David_Hacking May 29, 2020

I see pages that now include Product Release Notes.  How do I set that up?

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

@David_Hacking Just to confirm Statuspage does not have release note functionality. I saw from another thread you raised sharing another customer's page and as Zach from the Atlassian team pointed out this was done with custom JS and HTML. 

David_Hacking June 1, 2020

Got it.  Will try to implement the custom code.

Paul Wright July 16, 2020

Could you share the other link with a solution using custom JS and HTML.  I'm certainly keen to use StatusPage more to allow us to send communications to subscribed users.

TY

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events