It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is Status Page providing Scheduled Maintenance and Release Notes capability in the pipeline?

Pratheeban Santhiran Sep 05, 2018

I would like to be able to publish Scheduled maintenance and Release notes. I don't see this feature in Status Page. I can see only incidents and outages. Is it something that will come soon?

2 answers

2 votes
Matthijs van Leeuwen Atlassian Team Sep 07, 2018

Hi Prath,

Statuspage supports Scheduled Maintenances however Release Notes are currently not supported.

You can find more information about the Scheduled Maintenance feature here: https://help.statuspage.io/knowledge_base/topics/scheduled-maintenance 

Pratheeban Santhiran Sep 10, 2018

Thanks Matthijs. I notice that we still call the maintenance an incident, as it will appear in the past incidents tab.

2 votes
Nick Coates Sep 17, 2018

I am actually going through the process of renaming the text link across our pages to say "Incident & Maintenance History" as the incident history does also contain maintenance and is confusing to our customers. This can be achieved by adding HTML to the footer. 

We've had this request about release notes from teams at Symantec, but I simply push back and advise that Statuspage is here to notify our customers of incidents with our product(s) and if scheduled maintenance requires release notes, then we should publish those on the product support pates and not Statuspage.

Would be keen to see if any other customers feel that Statuspage scheduled maintenance would be a good method to also include release notes? 

Thanks,
Nick

Pratheeban Santhiran Sep 17, 2018

Hi Nick, 

thanks for the reply. I did the same with one of the tabs, but failed to rename another tab cleanly. I'm not a WebDev. I agree that Statuspage is purely incident visibility related. But even a maintenance is classified as an incident as it is shown under the tab headed as such. We are a relatively small shop as are our customers, we'd like to hold all this type of customer comms in one area.  In as far as notes go, we'd only want to publish a brief summary and then provide a link, which is currently possible, Our own website can be developed to handle a lot of this, not sure if we will go down that path in the near future though. 

For me it's simply about headings and tabs. 

kind regards

Prath

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Statuspage

Statuspage has 3 new integrations with Zendesk!

Incident response is a team sport, and customer support is an integral part of any team. While Ops is working hard to solve the problem at hand, support is on the front lines communicating with custo...

280 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you