Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating GCP Monitoring with Statuspage?

Jan Meznik April 14, 2023

I want to use Google Cloud Platform uptime monitoring with Statuspage.

I can configure Google Alerting to send an email, but I cannot specify the keywords in the email subject, such as "UP" / "DOWN".

Is there another way of configuring Statuspage to work with these alert emails from GCP?

Perhaps there is another way to integrate these 2 services without using a third-party service?

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Jan Meznik,

This is Darryl, Statuspage Support. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, the Email Automation for Components is restricted to including those keywords in the Email Subject as instructed in the official document.

Alternative - Third-Party Components

Documentation

If your objective is to reflect the status of external services, such as Google Cloud Platform, you may add it directly to the path Components >> Third-party, and scroll down to find Google Cloud Platform. On the page, you can find the target service components to add.

For example:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 17.46.30.pngScreenshot 2023-04-18 at 17.48.01.png

Alternative - Statuspage API

Documentation

If your objective is to update your Statuspage with the service health/incidents of your own Google Cloud Platform (GCP) endpoint, you may consider setting up the integration via Statuspage API. By posting data from your GCP to Statuspage API endpoint, the component status or incidents could be automated accordingly.

Alternative - Third-party monitoring platform as an interim dispatcher

We also suggest integrating with a third-party monitoring platform that has direct integration with Statuspage, such as Opsgenie, to act as an interim dispatcher for receiving and updating your Statuspage from your GCP.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 17.52.30.png

We hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events