Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers were not notified of a maintenance window change

kristine.daniels December 15, 2022

We made an important change to a scheduled maintenance window, but customers were not notified.   Is this really by design?   Is the only option to cancel it and create a new one?

1 answer

0 votes
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hi,

I believe there are three different actions you can have automatically done for you.

You'll have the option to:

Notify subscribers immediately about the newly scheduled maintenance

Statuspage sends a reminder notification to email and SMS subscribers 60 minutes before this maintenance is scheduled to start.

You can change the status of the scheduled maintenance from "scheduled" to "in progress" at the specified start of the maintenance period. Additional options include...

Send notifications to email, SMS, and webhook subscribers

Automatically set affected components to "under maintenance" when scheduled maintenance begins

Hopefully that helps

Regards

Howard

kristine.daniels December 16, 2022

If not automatic, is there a way to manually trigger a notification manually if we modify a maintenance window?  It seems pretty straightforward that if a window is changed, that customers could be notified of it.

Thanks.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2022

Yes.

Set the notification toggle after updating the window as shown below:

B51AE82E-2A97-4F22-8FB9-C0A7E1114B8C.png

Thanks, I looked at my updated maintenance item and see the notification check box is enabled, but I did not receive any emails.  I'll see if I can create a test item and try it again.   Thank you.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2022

Also check your accounts notification settings. You might have to look at your subscription. Are you subscribed to all services on your statuspage?

Thanks, yes, confirmed all enabled.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2022

@kristine.daniels 

Run the maintenance steps and test again. 

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/schedule-maintenance/

If that does not work I suggest you raise a support request here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Regards

Howard

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events