Component uptime

Priyadarshini R Kolwalkar November 11, 2021

Hi, 

My StatusPage components have the 'Display the historical status of component.. ' unchecked. But I'd still want to query the uptime for internal reporting metrics. 

The API to query uptime https://api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/{page_id}/components/{component_id}/uptime on these components returns a message 

{"error":"Component must have uptime showcase enabled."}

But I noticed on the UI that if I check the 'Display historical status' button, I can view the existing and earlier uptime of a component. 

Which makes me infer that the uptime values are persistent and available but just not queryable due to the UI flag which restricts display. 

Is there a workaround for this? I'd want to query component uptime but not have it displayed on the UI.

Thanks,

Priya 

2 answers

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Priyadarshini R Kolwalkar ,

This is Darryl, Statuspage Support. I am here to help. 😃

Understand that you would like to not display the Component Uptime on your Statuspage to your clients but would like to have the capability to query its details via API call.

Please feel free to correct me if there is any misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, this is the mandatory option before the API endpoint of the Component Uptime is queryable.

I have raised a feature request (FR) on your behalf, STSPG-10671, and we will keep you posted.

Please note that our Product team reviews all FR together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production. Further, all the FR tickets are logged on our internal spaces without public access to our customers.

As an alternative, please consider enabling that option and leveraging the customization of HTML/CSS/Javascript to re-frame your Statuspage to hide this information from your clients.

Here is the documentation for your further reference:

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/use-custom-html-on-a-status-page/

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/css-and-javascript-snippets-for-customizations/

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Opsgenie Support

Priyadarshini R Kolwalkar November 15, 2021

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for raising the FR.

About the custom CSS/JS, are the options listed here https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/css-and-javascript-snippets-for-customizations/ only limited to what's mentioned in this doc? I didn't see one where I could use CSS/JS for my 'component uptime' requirement. 

Thanks,

Priya

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Sorry for the late response.

The customization on Statuspage is actually very flexible and the documentation is to provide you the quick examples to copy and paste to your page.

For the customization, please consult with your frontend development team to complete it.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Darryl Lee

0 votes
Priyadarshini R Kolwalkar January 6, 2022

Hi Darryl,

Happy New Year! Would you have any updates on FR STSPG-10671?

Best,

Priya

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2022

Happy New Year!

Please note that our Product team reviews all FR together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

With that being said, unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA for the FRs.

Hope you can understand that.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Darryl Lee

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events