Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to add account in sourcetree

dominique_denie October 3, 2018

Hi 

When I try to add my bitbucket account to Sourcetree via Tools > Options > Authentication > Add.  I fill in my user credentials and I get the following error:

Failed to get user details for user [dominique_denie]. You do not have the permission to access the URL 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/user/'. The request returned with status code 'Unauthorized'.

I have tried using both SSH or HTTPS, but to no avail. I am working behind a proxySourctree_error.png

5 answers

0 votes
kurokeisatsu March 28, 2020

Same issue and I am using Chrome instead of IE. Any solution?

0 votes
reza_chrisna March 10, 2020

have the same issue here

0 votes
Enson Lau January 19, 2020

Any solution for this? having the same issue....

0 votes
michaelstv October 28, 2019

Same happening to me here. Any idea ?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hi Dominique, welcome to the Community!

Are you entering your username or your email address? When you get the prompt to enter your credentials you'll need to enter your email address as the username is no longer used to log in into Bitbucket Cloud.

Also, if you're on Windows, make sure Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication and it can cause problems otherwise.

If you're still having issues after trying that please let us know, so we can continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

dominique_denie October 4, 2018

Hi Ana, 

I tried with both my username and my email but both failed. I am currently using IE 11.

Best regards,

Dominique

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events