It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

unable to add account in sourcetree Edited

Hi 

When I try to add my bitbucket account to Sourcetree via Tools > Options > Authentication > Add.  I fill in my user credentials and I get the following error:

Failed to get user details for user [dominique_denie]. You do not have the permission to access the URL 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/user/'. The request returned with status code 'Unauthorized'.

I have tried using both SSH or HTTPS, but to no avail. I am working behind a proxySourctree_error.png

5 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Oct 03, 2018

Hi Dominique, welcome to the Community!

Are you entering your username or your email address? When you get the prompt to enter your credentials you'll need to enter your email address as the username is no longer used to log in into Bitbucket Cloud.

Also, if you're on Windows, make sure Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication and it can cause problems otherwise.

If you're still having issues after trying that please let us know, so we can continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

Hi Ana, 

I tried with both my username and my email but both failed. I am currently using IE 11.

Best regards,

Dominique

Same happening to me here. Any idea ?

Any solution for this? having the same issue....

have the same issue here

0 votes

Same issue and I am using Chrome instead of IE. Any solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,947 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you