sslv3 alert handshake error

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
fatal: unable to access 'https://git.abc.com/iis/App-Server.git/': error:14077410:SSL routines:SL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Completed with errors with errors, see above.

i tried change the security protocols  TLS 1.1 and 1.2 and turning on ssl3 and then off but nothing yet.

runing version 2.1.10.0 under windows 2012r2

thanks

2 answers

0 vote

Hi! That could be related to this OpenSSL bug. They mentioned the bug was introduced with OpenSSL v1+, can you check if that's the version you have, go back to a previous one and see if the error disappears? This was documented at Git clone fails with SSL routines.

If you're still having issues, and for troubleshooting purposes, can you try to do the operations using the terminal (instead of SourceTree) and let us know if you're also getting that error?

Best regards,

Ana

Hi!
This morning I "stumbled" into the same problem, that i couldn't connect to our repository due to that damn SSL handshake failure.

A quick internet search has led me to this page, but I was glad to fix the issue as it also occurred after re-installing Sourcetree and trying to connect to our repository via the terminal.

I installed a more recent version of GIT (2.14.1) and it worked again.

Best Regards,
Benny

IF i try to "open in terminal" option it opens an cmd and then closes it. im unable to catch any errors.

the ssleay32.dll version is 1.0.2d

the libeay32.dll version is 1.0.2d

they are both under the AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\mingw32\bin folder.

if I remove / rename the entire install of atlassian and then do a fresh install should it not install the lastest version of these?

leaving sourcetree...to bad it was nice while it lasted.

all the same information to connect to my git server works under VS code.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

269 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot