Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sourcetree for macos with M1 chip?

cms24es December 15, 2020

Hi guys, my question is simple. is there any version of sourcetree for apple M1 chips. 

i try to install the sourcetree from the web but it's not opening. 

i love this product but seems like i have to change to another one. i hope not. 

please, help. 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vogelbusch October 26, 2021

Hi,

I know it's running with Rosetta, but it has been a year. When is the universal app coming? 

1 vote
verma_qodemaker January 10, 2021

Hi guys, my question is simple. is there any version of sourcetree for apple M1 chips. 

i try to install the sourcetree from the web but it's not opening. 

i love this product but seems like i have to change to another one. i hope not. 

please, help. 

davasquezg February 15, 2021

You can use rosseta to use latest sourcetree.

Check the security options to unlock the App after the first use.

I'd recommend to use homebrew to install Sourcetree, git and Hg.

brew install git git-lfs git-flow hg sourcetree

Remember to install xcode CLT before to install Python 3.9 requisite for Hg.

https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_12.4/Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_12.4.dmg

SCM binaries are located in:

/opt/homebrew/Cellar/

0 votes
vogelbusch November 17, 2021

Sure I can use Rosetta today. But Rosetta will be turned off at some point in the future. Same as the switch to Intel 15 years ago. So far I had no problem porting any apps from Intel to M1 so I wonder what the hold back with SourceTree is. I am down to just a few apps still being emulated and am happy to have my machine back to full speed and normal memory usage.

0 votes
Pavan Kalyan Tolety November 16, 2021

Hey, a quick update..

I just tried again today after so many days of using Fork and now that I installed Monterey, I thought to try once more if it works and to my surprise It's working and Rosetta now is bundled within the OS itself. 

I have no issues and it's working fine. No issues while installing, adding an account and cloning a repo from browser and it opens sourcetree. I'm using around 6 repos and I see in activity monitor and shows no memory leaks.

I think it's absolutely fine to use it until universal app comes in future. 

0 votes
Dan Stein January 21, 2021

If you have Rosetta installed it should work. Although I am having a problem when I open it it tells me it can not be verified free from malware and I should contact the developer

Dan Stein January 21, 2021

I did get past the can't verify message by going into security and allowing it to open anyway. So it seems to be fine now. Makes me think if you can't run it at all it missing rosetta which you can install.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events