Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sourcetree cannot open web browser after update to 3.3.4.3796

Razor164 November 5, 2019

Screenshot_3.png

7 answers

5 votes
mrossmedgate November 6, 2019

@Razor164 What was the solution? I'm getting this error and have no idea why.  Thanks.

grrinch March 4, 2021

It's a different issue - the other one seems to have been resolved with the new version. This one did not.

2 votes
Manuel November 9, 2019

have the same problems, also terminal was not working.

you should check your logfile

On Windows, the SourceTree log file is located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log

After removing the project and new cloning the browser worked again....

Lijun Wang November 25, 2019

I still got error in the log and error below in the pic after recloning the repository. 

ERROR [2019-11-25 10:46:04,682] [58] [Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService] [Log] - POST MAU submission FAILED
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Atlassian.AnalyticsService.Client.Converters.IanaTimezoneConverter.WriteJson(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonSerializer serializer)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeConvertable(JsonWriter writer, JsonConverter converter, Object value, JsonContract contract, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)
at Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService.<SubmitBatch>d__62.MoveNext()

source_tree_browser_error.PNG

but I can see the switched branch in my IDE. Hope SourceTree team can fix the problem soon. 

tony January 3, 2020

Hmmm...No answer!

I see that Atlassian cares about customers...NOT!

Like DylanAlloy likes this
0 votes
Sarahi Velasco November 17, 2020

3.3.6 worked for me in windows.

0 votes
Cara Diann July 21, 2020

The only answer is to download and install 3.2.6. Anything else is a waste of time. Atlasian simply needs to fix this issue.

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

0 votes
DylanAlloy June 27, 2020

Lol Sourcetree is such garbage now.

0 votes
Razor164 November 5, 2019

closed

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi @Razor164 , seems like there're more users encountering the same issue as you did, would you mind sharing your solution with them? 

I'm sure the Community would thank you!

Kind regards,

Ana

Like julisch94 likes this
Cara Diann July 21, 2020

The only answer is to download and install 3.2.6. Not other "fix" works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events