It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

sourcetree cannot open web browser after update to 3.3.4.3796

Screenshot_3.png

6 answers

@Razor164 What was the solution? I'm getting this error and have no idea why.  Thanks.

have the same problems, also terminal was not working.

you should check your logfile

On Windows, the SourceTree log file is located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log

After removing the project and new cloning the browser worked again....

I still got error in the log and error below in the pic after recloning the repository. 

ERROR [2019-11-25 10:46:04,682] [58] [Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService] [Log] - POST MAU submission FAILED
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Atlassian.AnalyticsService.Client.Converters.IanaTimezoneConverter.WriteJson(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonSerializer serializer)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeConvertable(JsonWriter writer, JsonConverter converter, Object value, JsonContract contract, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)
at Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService.<SubmitBatch>d__62.MoveNext()

source_tree_browser_error.PNG

but I can see the switched branch in my IDE. Hope SourceTree team can fix the problem soon. 

Hmmm...No answer!

I see that Atlassian cares about customers...NOT!

Like DylanAlloy likes this

closed

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Nov 13, 2019

Hi @Razor164 , seems like there're more users encountering the same issue as you did, would you mind sharing your solution with them? 

I'm sure the Community would thank you!

Kind regards,

Ana

Like julisch94 likes this

The only answer is to download and install 3.2.6. Not other "fix" works.

Lol Sourcetree is such garbage now.

0 votes

The only answer is to download and install 3.2.6. Anything else is a waste of time. Atlasian simply needs to fix this issue.

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,895 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you