Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sourcetree cannot access my account with ssh - tower app works fine

Pascal De Cort September 6, 2022

I spent hours and hours to get access via sourcetree to the bitbucket with ssh key without luck.

> git remote -v

=> shows currently origin ssh://bitbucket.org/...

test of the ssh key (loaded)

> ssh -T git@bitbucket.org     

=> authenticated via ssh key. You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled

In sourcetree > account > I can connect the account and I also see the ssh key used.

Auth type: OAuth; protocol: ssh

When checking in sourcetree project settings > remotes > add > selecting the repos on my account doesn't show any repos.

For now I start using tower app as this seems to work well.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2022

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I recommend checking out this related thread over in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Sourcetree-has-invalid-credentials-but-cannot-clear-reset-them/qaq-p/753478

If the initial answer doesn't help, try David S' approach here:

The only thing that worked for me was navigating to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree and removing the passwd file.

Once this file is removed, restart SourceTree and execute a fetch or something else that requires access to the repo in question. SourceTree will then prompt you for your password, rewriting the cached credentials.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events