source tree packaging

Gurpreet Chohan October 21, 2019

Hi, I would like to package source tree enterprise for my company users. We do have our own company gitlab host account for some of the users but not all the users have the account yet. Could I package the software with a generic or some sort of site account in order to avoid registering individual accounts as part of the software install to the client machine? It is not possible for us to register individual accounts.

We do have Jira, Confluence and Atlassian (paid versions) within our estate. Therefore I was recommending source tree as part of my software evaluation.

Appreciate your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2019

Hi Gurpreet, welcome to the Community!

The registration is still a required step that every user will need to complete as you can see in the official documentation:

Registration

Each user still has to register Sourcetree, when it first launches, using one of the following options:

• your company's Bitbucket Server instance(through user's default browser)
  • the Atlassian account service (requires Internet Explorer 11 or higher)

That's the only step an end-user should have to perform to start using Sourcetree in your enterprise environment.

If you have Jira or Confluence Cloud, that means your users already have an Atlassian account so they can use that one to register their copies of Sourcetree. If on the other hand, you have Server products, they'll need to create a new Atlassian account so they can register. This account can also be used to access the online Community.

Hope that helps you, Gurpreet!

Have a good day,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events