show different color for remote branch

Siu Man Hsieh November 11, 2011

hi

I am using git-p4 to sync perforce with my local git repositiory.

some how in source tree, p4/master and p4/HEAD are displayed in pink, which is the same color as local branches.

Is it possible to have them displayed in differenat colors?

Also is there a way to hide HEAD and remote HEAD? at least when HEAD is pointing to a named branch/tag?

thanks

mone

5 answers

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2011

The branch & tag colours match the graph colour to help you associate them.

The icons on the labels show what type they are. Local branches have a blue branch icon, remote branch icons are grey (and they also have the remote prefix anyway).

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2011

Also I think it's still useful to display HEAD even when you're on a branch - it's very quick to pick out in the log that way.

Siu Man Hsieh November 12, 2011

The branch that HEAD points to is already in bold color. I feel it's redundent information. If you look at the way gitX presents the history view, it's much cleaner.

In my situation, the p4/* remote branch is not in different color. Also they are not shown under remote group on the left panel. It maybe a bug. Again gitX does it fine and the history view is beautiful. I like everything about source tree but the history view just makes me want to go back to gitX.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2011

If the p4/* isn't under the Remotes section, it's almost certainly not a remote branch, which is why it's in the local branch colour. If you think it is, please provide some kind of example repo I can look at.

Siu Man Hsieh November 14, 2011

But git branch -r shows that they are remote branches and GitX shows them fine.

!529 [12:44:05] $ git branch -r

p4/HEAD -> p4/master

p4/master

Siu Man Hsieh November 15, 2011

i created a sample .git that demostrate the problem. Can I send it to you through email?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2011

Please can you log a bug at http://jira.atlassian.com - you can attach the repo to that. Thanks!

0 votes
Siu Man Hsieh November 11, 2011

sorry, it's for source tree.

I throught the tag "sourcetree" was for that purpose.

mone

AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2011

Ahhh, I see that now... apparently it's too early in the morning for my brain to make the connection between Atlassian and their recently aquired Sourcetree app. Sorry :)

0 votes
AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2011

It would help if you mentioned which product you were asking questions about.

Fisheye? Bitbucket?

0 votes
AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2011

It would help if you mentioned which product you were asking questions about.

Fisheye? Bitbucket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events