Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unexpected character encountered..." error when attempting to add account to Sourcetree

rbrolley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2022

Hello,

I am getting the error

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value B. Path '', line 0, position 0

when attempting to set up Sourcetree for Windows linked to my private repository hosted on bitbucket.org.

2022-04-07 21_43_38-Sourcetree.png

This is a newly built PC with a fresh install of Windows 10, and I am no longer able to work on any of my projects...

I have tried all combinations of settings here (HTTPS, SSH, username, email, account password, app password) and none of them have produced anything different.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can resolve this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luciano Elias Santilli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2022

Hi there!
Try to create a new password in your profile  under : access management -> App passwords.
Select your preferencies about the utilize of this pwd and utilize it in Sourcetree for Windows ( remember to copy and save in a secure place becouse you cannot see again  ).

Have a nice day :)

rbrolley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 9, 2022

Hi @Luciano Elias Santilli

I went in and created another app password with all the preferences I needed, entered it in this screen, and I seem to be okay now. I am able to log into Sourcetree and pull/push my work.

Note that I ran through the same process and set the same preferences as my previous app password (which did not work), so I am unsure why this new app password worked. And future users that run into this in the future may have to do the same?

But either way, thank you for the assistance! I think I should be good to go now.

Like Luciano Elias Santilli likes this
Saif Ur Rehman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 11, 2022

Set your app password for it but if app password doesn't work then open Atlassian in your default browser . Sometime the problem is because of browser . When we open Atlassian in non defaulted browser then it give an error "Unexpected character encountered..." . Hopefully your default browser  is google . so please try it on google .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events