pull/push takes forever

Jaekoo Kang October 13, 2018

Hi.

I just downloaded and installed sourcetree (version 2.7.6 177) on my macOS (version 10.13.6). I've been using only git command line tools on Terminal and wanted to use sourcetree this time.

However, I found that pull/push takes forever and stops. Below is a screenshot of one of the examples.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 11.29.16 PM.png

Since the error message is not even shown, I typed the above command on Terminal. It threw me an error as below.

git: 'credential-sourcetree' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

I tried to find any relevant queries regarding this error, but couldn't find one except for some similar cases. 

Would you tell me what to try at this point? Please let me know if I miss anything. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Hi Jaekoo! 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Have you tried pulling on the terminal? Do you get any error? It if fails, then this is likely to be an issue with your credentials or the remote repo, otherwise it's an issue with Sourcetree. In that case we'll need more info:

1. Does this error happen with all your repositories, or only for specific ones?
  2. What's the size of the repo?
  3. Does it ever complete the operation? If so, how long does it take (approx)?

If the error happens in your terminal too, I'd suggest to turn to Github for more assistance  as the repo is hosted with them.

Let us know!

Ana

Jaekoo Kang October 23, 2018

Dear Ana,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but it's been working totally fine since the day after I had this issue. I did reboot my mac and it works fine since then. I don't see any issues for all of my repositories. Pushing/pulling on Terminal also works as usual. 

Jaekoo

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2018

Hi Jaekoo, well that's great that it started working :) If you have any other issues or need more help in the future, please let us know!

Have a great day,

Ana 

0 votes
kuno vaik February 5, 2024

Its not working for me. 

push and pull does not work, in terminal is everything fine, but when i hit push or pull button then it loads forever and nothing happens

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events