It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

pull/push takes forever

Hi.

I just downloaded and installed sourcetree (version 2.7.6 177) on my macOS (version 10.13.6). I've been using only git command line tools on Terminal and wanted to use sourcetree this time.

However, I found that pull/push takes forever and stops. Below is a screenshot of one of the examples.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 11.29.16 PM.png

Since the error message is not even shown, I typed the above command on Terminal. It threw me an error as below.

git: 'credential-sourcetree' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

I tried to find any relevant queries regarding this error, but couldn't find one except for some similar cases. 

Would you tell me what to try at this point? Please let me know if I miss anything. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Oct 22, 2018

Hi Jaekoo! 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Have you tried pulling on the terminal? Do you get any error? It if fails, then this is likely to be an issue with your credentials or the remote repo, otherwise it's an issue with Sourcetree. In that case we'll need more info:

1. Does this error happen with all your repositories, or only for specific ones?
  2. What's the size of the repo?
  3. Does it ever complete the operation? If so, how long does it take (approx)?

If the error happens in your terminal too, I'd suggest to turn to Github for more assistance  as the repo is hosted with them.

Let us know!

Ana

Dear Ana,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but it's been working totally fine since the day after I had this issue. I did reboot my mac and it works fine since then. I don't see any issues for all of my repositories. Pushing/pulling on Terminal also works as usual. 

Jaekoo

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Oct 24, 2018

Hi Jaekoo, well that's great that it started working :) If you have any other issues or need more help in the future, please let us know!

Have a great day,

Ana 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,927 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you