Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving verification emails from Atlassian

Manisha rajendran August 13, 2019

I have  tried to set up a new account for source tree for my work

the email address is correct however I'm not receiving any verification code?

I have tried re-sending the email a many times and haven't received any of them.

5 answers

3 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2019

Hi @Manisha rajendran ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Your email address is in our bounce list since every time we try to deliver a message we receive the below error message in return:

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

This is because the MX records for your domain are either wrong or refusing connections from unknown hosts.

You can check this yourself by using any online tool like for example: 

https://www.ultratools.com/tools/emailTest

MX Record Target: 10 mxa-000e6001.xxxxxxx.
IP address: 67.xxxxxxxx1 
Test duration(ms): Timed out...

MX Record Target: 10 mxb-000e6001.xxxxxxxx.
IP address: 67.xxxxxxxxx8 
Test duration(ms): Timed out...

Now, we have removed your email address from our bounce list but this will be re-added every time we try to send you an email until the issues with the MX record for your domain won't be fixed.

Can you kindly get in touch with your IT department or whoever is managing your domain and forward this thread to them?

Cheers,
Dario

1 vote
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hi @Manisha rajendran ,

Happy to know that the issue is fixed, please accept my answer so that the thread will be marked as solved.

Also, remember to get in touch with anyone that can look into the MX records issue in order to avoid this problem from happening again in the future.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Dario

1 vote
Manisha rajendran August 21, 2019

Hi Dario,

Now i am getting Email notification from atlassian

Regards,

Manisha 

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2019
After some attempts the MX records seems to be responding. It can be the case that it is either sometimes overloaded and it takes so long to reply that it times out on the other end, or it is randomly going down, or anything else that  you might still want to investigate on your end.

However, I have removed the email address from the bounce list and sent an account recovery notification that, according to below logs, has been correctly delivered:
2019-08-21 15:43:44.085 delivery mxxxxxxxn@xxxxxx.com 52.xxxxxxx15 noreply@am.atlassian.com xxxxxxx.com dedicated1

Please confirm you have received the email.
Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events