Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple remotes and git-flow

RachelleJanssuh February 6, 2019

I tried setting up a fancy way of using gitf-low:

have develop, feature and release on our development remote (lets call it origin)

and have hotfix and master on our Azure remote

Obviously, I can't have master from A and B, so I made local branches origin/master and azure/master. But now whenever I want to push something, it takes azure. Not only that, but in my overview for pushing it doesn't automatically pick up which branch to push to on the remote.

When I select the branch that I'm currently on, it will auto fill azure/master on the remote. But that doesn't make sense! because then I will have azure/azureTest/master on my remote....I screwed it up a few times already, so now my azure remote looks like this:

git-flow-remotes.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2019

Hi

Firstly its probably worth saying Sourcetree wasn't designed for that workflow and we've not tested it so I can believe it is making some assumptions that are too simplistic for your approach.

I'm not sure if any of this will help.

When you push, if you use the Toolbar push, cannot you not select your preferred remote then?

As for the naming of the remote branch when you use the push dialog cann you not edit the remote branch name?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events