long commit message

Hey!

I use SourceTree, I realy love it. Just one thing. If I add a longer commit message, it is annoying if I can't read it after that. I don't know how would it look like, but maybe if you would break it to more lines, ..

Regards, János

1 answer

I'm not sure what you mean - if the commit message is too long to fit in the log table, you can see the whole detail by clicking on the commit and the full message will be displayed in the panes underneath. You can use the return key to add new lines to commit messages if you like, there's no limit.

Hey!

Here I have what Is see. I mean the Description of the commit. I can't see the whole description. Hmmm.

There is a splitter above the file list which you've dragged somehow to be zero-height, hiding the commit details pane. Put your mouse pointer above the file list until it turns into a split pane resize pointer, and drag the split downwards so you can see the commit details.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot