Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't push my commits in bitbucket

Daniel Chavez Vilchis February 21, 2021

Hello everyone,
i have a little trouble when i try to push my commits.
before this problem i push my changes with out problems, but i don't know what happened.
when i try to push my changes, in the options doesn't apear the options in where branch i push my commits.Captura.PNG
Captura2.PNGwhen i see this y try to push by console and it works but, only in one branch, when i try to push in other branch apear de following error:

! [rejected]        
master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://bitbucket.org/cerevro/demo.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because a pushed branch tip is behind its remote
hint: counterpart. Check out this branch and integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g. 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.

please somebody help me
thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the community!

Git works with the concept of local and remote branches. A local branch is a branch that exists in your local version of the git repository. A remote branch is one that exists on the remote location (most repositories usually have a remote called origin). A remote equates roughly to a place where your git repository is hosted (eg. a GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket/self-hosted Git server repository instance).

Remotes are useful to share your work or collaborate on a branch.

“the tip of your current branch is behind its remote counterpart” means that there have been changes on the remote branch that you don’t have locally.

There tend to be 2 types of changes to the remote branch: someone added commits or someone modified the history of the branch.

Please check the information above and let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Carlos

Daniel Chavez Vilchis February 22, 2021

Hello Carlos, 

i search changes in the history and i don't need pull changes.

i search the history of the branch and i don't understand much, but i don't see nothing badCaptura.PNG i don't know if i searched correctly  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events