Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hook sourcetree to Jira

Eliah Ninyo April 16, 2019

hello,

I want that in every commit (not push) I will force the developer to open a JIRA issue.

how can I do it?

I already defined in bit bucket that every push has to be with JIRA prefix. but this is only for push action. if someone forget to add the prefix he needs to amend the commit. but if I have couple of commits this is a problem. 

I want to force JIRA issue opening and not just adding the prefix. can I do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Hi Eliah,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Since commits in Git are all local actions you would have to create a pre-commit hook that does this for you. You can maintain hooks centrally and share them with your team, see Two Ways to Share Git Hooks with Your Team for example.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi @Eliah Ninyo,

There isn't a way to do this in Sourcetree's UI currently. I'd recommend using a pre-commit hook to ensure that wherever the user commits from they are checked. You'd want to have the hook's script do a search for the prefix and fail if it's not found, showing a URL for creating one in the error message. Hope that helps.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events