how to compare two git tags in source tree

I am having GIT repository and I have requirement to compare two git tags  using source tree without checkout code . Could you please help me with images step by step 

3 answers

In SourceTree you can Control-click (or Command-click on a Mac) to select any two commits in the History View and it will display the diff between them.

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.22.45 AM.png

I know the diff between two commits in source tree , I want difference between two tags using source tree , is there a way to check 

I don't quite understand.  A tag is just a pointer to a commit.  Can't you just select the two commits that the tags are pointing to?

Tags are just named commits. If you are having trouble finding the tags in the graph, you can expand the Tags section on the left, and click a tag name to jump to that location in the log.

Tim's answer is as close as you are going to get using the GUI. What you're looking for may be considered the type of obscure usage that is generally excluded from GUIs to avoid cluttering.

Could you please show me the picture to compare two tags in source tree 

It's the same as Tim's answer, except each of the selected commits will have a tag beside the description.

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 8.57.22 AM.png

What's the problem with checking out the code? If you currently have any uncommited changes in your sandbox (which you might not be able to commit yet for any reason), you could stash your changes temporarily - and check out the desired version, After comparison you might apply your stash again ...

git diff TAG1 TAG2

You said you can't checkout code, but you need to have the repository cloned somewhere for git diff to work.

https://git-scm.com/docs/git-diff

Thank you for the answer, I know this command  but I want to do through Source tree tool .

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

229 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot