hg fetch now discards source information

In earlier versions of SourceTree, when I fetched from a branch repo into my main repo, the generated commit said something like "Automated merge with ssh://build//hg/config-6.11" but at some point (maybe in late September) the generated commit started to say "Automated merge with bundle:/var/folders/lm/0rtn02v1545fhxh3thqm33w00000gp/T/SourceTreeTemp.QPZQbN". I prefer the old format (for what I assume are obvious reasons), which I still get if I do a fetch from the command line. Is there some way to get SourceTree to use that format? (Or have I possibly misconfigured SourceTree in some way?)

1 answer

1 accepted

Hey Thom,

Yes unfortunately this was a side-effect of quite a major optimisation we made. Beforehand users would hit pull and see the chances to be pulled, then when hitting "OK" it would re-pull the changes and merge them in. Now when the pull dialog opens up it'll be pulling down changes and putting them into a bundle (this is an hg feature). Instead of re-pulling the changes down we use that bundle file to merge in, which is why it specifies the bundle instead.

Could you open up a ticket on jira.atlassian.comfor us and then we can review it from there?

Thanks in advance

Thanks. I found an existing ticket in Jira and voted for it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

545 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you