Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git svn in SourceTree 3.4.1 (Windows)

D B January 4, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to use git-svn via SourceTree on Windows 10. Unfortunately I'm already failing to clone the svn-Repository. It is hosted by a visualSVN-Server. I get the following Error:

Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote <myrepo>
Output:
Error: fatal: repository '<myrepo>' not found

Command: perl.exe <SourceTree-InstallPath>\tools\svn.pl info <myrepo>
Output:
Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the specified file

It seems that SourceTree is able to recognize this repository as svn repository, because it is trying to call perl and execute the svn perl-script. I tried installing ActivePerl and StrawberryPerl. This changed nothing on the error message. When trying the perl command by myself on the cmd both can't compile the "svn.pl" script because they can not resolve "SVN::Client". I am not able to see where to get this module or how to install it.

Based on older (Blog) Posts about SourceTree 1.4 I assume that where was a time this feature worked also on Windows.

So what am I doing wrong or what is missing to get git-svn working with SourceTree on Windows?

Is Perl really the issue or is something else causing this error? Sourcetree is not very clear at this point what the problem is. I'm just guessing around based on the messages, but as said installing perl does not change the error. So perl.exe maybe is not the file which can not be found...

Do I need other dependencies I'm not aware of yet?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events