git pull is not working

giving me error ---> git: 'pull' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

see attached imageUntitled1.png

3 answers

Wow, that's weird! "pull" is most definitely a git command. Are you using system or embedded git? What version of Git? Can you do git pull from the command line?

Yes i can pull from command line. git version is 2.6.2.windows.1 Is there any way to reset source tree. I have tried uninstalling it and installed again but not woked

Try going to to Tools->Options and click on the Git tab - are you using Embedded Git or System Git? Either way, I'd try switching to the other (if you switch to System Git, you may have to download and install Git if you haven't installed it as a stand alone). See if that changes the behavior. Something with your git seems really screwy.

Awesome... I was having the same problems, on your recomendation, I downloaded and installed git over existing install... that fixed it up.... sometimes the easy way out! :-)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

562 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you