Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'git lfs install' failed with code 2

K
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2020

I'm trying to clone my project from bitbucket with SourceTree, and after a while I'm prompted with this:

image.png 

But when I click Ja (yes) I get this:

image.png 

Any known solutions?

I've tried running as ST as admin. Same happens.

2 answers

6 votes
adrimo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2020

Hi, I had the same error and I was able to fix it with these steps:

1. Close Sourcetree
  2. Go to your repo folder
  3. Go to .git/hooks folder
  4. Delete post-checkout, post-commit, post-merge and pre-push files
  5. Open Sourcetree again and press the 'Yes' button to install LFS stuff. This time it should be successful.

Hope it helps.

saju10
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2022

yes, its working! thanks

0 votes
Gertjan Huiskes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 20, 2020

I have the same issue.

LFS is not working: pushing a file (filetype is tracked for LFS) is not stored in the LFS store. (checked with 'git lfs ls-files')

When I open a terminal and manually enter the command 'git lfs install', there are no errors:
- Updated git hooks.
- Git LFS initialized.

But after closing and opening sourcetree, the messages appear again.

I found out that the issue is solved when I select the embedded Git Version, which is different from the system Git Version.

I checked the release notes for the higher versions, but I couldn't find anything related.

Versions:

systemversion.pngembeddedversion.pngsourcetreeversion.png

My problem is that someone who has the wrong version and ignores the above messages and clones the repository, LFS files are not pulled, instead the LFS pointer file is placed in the working directory.

Any help on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events