It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

git commit --fixup

http://fle.github.io/git-tip-keep-your-branch-clean-with-fixup-and-autosquash.html shows how to use --fixup option to mark a new commit as being a fixup of an existing commit (like fixing a typo etc.).

While SourceTree offers a context menu during commits ("Commit options..."), this menu doesn't contain a way to make use of the --fixup option. It would be great if SourceTree would add this feature, like open a dialogue and scroll through the last commits and just mark one.

3 answers

You can create a custom action in Sourcetree to create a fixup commit.

In Preferences, go to the Custom Actions tab and add a new action, call it Fixup and set the script to "git" and the parameters to "commit --fixup $SHA". Now you can stage changes and then right click a commit and choose Custom Actions -> Fixup to create a fixup commit based upon it.

Thank you, this saves me lots of time!

Like Pavel Oles likes this

I created a feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4594

@Steven Vachon, I like your initiative. 

I see it's in "Sourcetree For Mac" JIRA, for some reason. I guess it should be on all platforms. I think it should be there by default.

Unfortunately, they've just closed the ticket as "Unresolved".
I'm wondering, what they ware trying to say to us...

I don't completely understand what --fixup does, but feature requests should be posted to jira.atlassian.com where they can be voted for and tracked. I always recommend posting a link here as the answer so others can find it to vote for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,970 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you