Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git commit --fixup

martenlehmann May 18, 2015

http://fle.github.io/git-tip-keep-your-branch-clean-with-fixup-and-autosquash.html shows how to use --fixup option to mark a new commit as being a fixup of an existing commit (like fixing a typo etc.).

While SourceTree offers a context menu during commits ("Commit options..."), this menu doesn't contain a way to make use of the --fixup option. It would be great if SourceTree would add this feature, like open a dialogue and scroll through the last commits and just mark one.

3 answers

3 votes
Steven Vachon February 14, 2017

I created a feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4594

Pavel O_ September 19, 2019

@Steven Vachon, I like your initiative. 

I see it's in "Sourcetree For Mac" JIRA, for some reason. I guess it should be on all platforms. I think it should be there by default.

Unfortunately, they've just closed the ticket as "Unresolved".
I'm wondering, what they ware trying to say to us...

3 votes
Paul James July 5, 2016

You can create a custom action in Sourcetree to create a fixup commit.

In Preferences, go to the Custom Actions tab and add a new action, call it Fixup and set the script to "git" and the parameters to "commit --fixup $SHA". Now you can stage changes and then right click a commit and choose Custom Actions -> Fixup to create a fixup commit based upon it.

Mattias Hilliges April 13, 2017

Thank you, this saves me lots of time!

Like Pavel O_ likes this
0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

I don't completely understand what --fixup does, but feature requests should be posted to jira.atlassian.com where they can be voted for and tracked. I always recommend posting a link here as the answer so others can find it to vote for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events