It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

fetch and merge operation in source tree

Instead of doing pull operation from source tree, I want to do fetch and merge operation to check which are all the files pulled from my remote repository to local.

In merge operation, I can see all the files that are fetched from remote. Out of them, I don't want my local file to update with remote changes in 1 of the file. Because in 1 of the file, I am currently doing some inprogress work. so, I don't want to push these in progress changes at this stage and at the same time, I don't want to take update from repository for this file. can I ignore that particular file in doing the merge operation?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Apr 17, 2018

Hi

I would suggest stashing the 1 file you have changed before running the fetch + merge.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,907 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you