Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal: could not read Password for 'https://xxxxx-xx@bitbucket.org': Device not configured

Kenneth Su April 6, 2018

Not sure what's wrong but happened after I upgraded to latest sourcetree.

When I manually pull from command line, it works fine.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2018

We've identified the fix and will roll out a new build later today. Our apologies for the hiccup.

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

We identified the issue here and fixed it over the weekend. Please update the build to 2.7 (167) and you should be good with this version. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate the patience. 

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Mac Developer

3 votes
Daniele Gibertoni April 6, 2018

Same issue here, on Mac OS. Only with the last Sourcetree version (2.7.2). I found a workaround using the System Git instead of Embedded Git.

Manju
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2018

Restarting the Mac solved this issue for me in the past. Please give it a try and let us know if that doesn't help. 

Ryan Sherman April 6, 2018

Tried using the System Git instead of the Embedded Git but that didn't work for me. Still getting the same error.

tonholis June 16, 2018

That's solved for me (using System Git).

Thanks!

andj June 29, 2018

Using System git works for me too. Thanks!

Celso Soares July 17, 2018

I restarted the SO and i worked

1 vote
Alexander Joiseus September 20, 2018

I downgraded to 2.7.2 and I can now use the finish feature. I guess I will just stick to 2.7.2

0 votes
Jason Shanks September 13, 2018

I'm experiencing the same error but specifically using Git Flow tool+BitBucket:

• MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)
  • SourceTree 2.7.6 (177)
  • Initially tried using Embedded Git (2.17), switched to System Git 2.18.0
  • using Embedded git-flow (version not reported in SourceTree) (but I also tried System version 0.4.1 installed via Brew)

I've tried all the above including:

• rebooting
  • switching Bitbucket (Atlassian account creds) account from HTTPS to OAUTH.

I can manually perform the same git functions within SourceTree, and also use the git flow tool successfully on local repos.

Do I need to create an app-specific OAUTH password within Bitbucket settings?

Manju
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2018

If this error is specific to git-flow actions only, we are aware of a bug on the git-flow module. We are working on it and will hav an update on it soon. Please let us know if you see this on anything other than git-flow actions. 

Jason Shanks January 20, 2019

Hi - Is this bug still unresolved?  After a few Source Tree updates I am still getting an authentication error with git-flow actions specifically.

I try reconnecting account through OAuth which is successful, but when I go to close a Hotfix for instance I still get:

fatal: could not read Password for 'https://account-name@bitbucket.org': Device not configured
Fatal: Could not fetch hotfix/responsive-videos from origin.
Like # people like this
Kalman February 4, 2020

@Manju Still unresolved, Mac, Latest SourceTree, Git Flow

Like # people like this
michaelgambold February 9, 2020

Still unresolved (MacOS catalina, source tree 4.0.1)

piero_sifuentes April 20, 2020

still unresolved MacOS catalina 10.15.4, source tree 4.0.1 (234)

martin_jondzic April 22, 2020

Unresolved - MacOS Mojave 10.14.3, SourceTree 4.0.1 (234)

Antiša June 10, 2020

Unresolved - MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, SourceTree 4.0.1 (234)

Joe Engler July 7, 2020

still unresolved! sourcetree 3.3.8 for windows

0 votes
Mostafizur Rahman Mony August 9, 2018

Sourcetree->Preferrence->Accounts->Select the Account that contains the branch to be finished. Then edit and change https to auth type and then select Connect Account, give your username and password to dialog, after successful authentication a list of repositories will be shown. select the target repository and click on Clone button, a dialog will be shown and select clone in Sourcetree, then it will locate the local repository and select the repository. after selecting just press gitflow. Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 1.15.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 1.25.44 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events